Light housekeeping in The Cedars consists of the following services on a weekly basis:
- Changing bedding and replacing towels
- Cleaning and sanitizing toilet, shower, counter, mirror
- Washing bathroom & kitchenette floors
- Vacuuming all carpets (easily accessible areas)
- Wiping and sanitizing kitchenette counters and sink
- Dusting window ledges, heat registers and patio door tracks
- Wiping any marks on walls
- Wiping door knobs with an antibacterial disinfectant
- Wiping baseboards and doors
- Vacuuming under beds and couches
- Dusting lights, blinds and ceiling fans
- If accessible, vacuuming underneath beds and couches
A variety of transportation options are available to seniors in Greater Victoria.
- Transportation services include:
- City buses stop right outside the door
- BC Transit’s HandyDART services
- Regular taxi service is readily available
- Volunteer drivers through Saanich Volunteers
- BC Transit’s Taxi Saver program
This is your home and you are most welcome to have guests and we encourage you to do so.
- A cot can be borrowed free of charge for an overnight guest in your suite
- You can reserve space in our dining room for your family and friends
- Alternatively, you can book our Family Dining Room for parties of five or more
- All buildings have locked entrances with security cameras
- There are staff available 24 hours a day
- All staff undergo reference and criminal record checks
- A hairdresser, pedicurist, and foot nurse all provide fee for services on site at the Cedars
- A blood pressure clinic is held once monthly
- Other services are available from time to time
- Will I enjoy the social and community opportunities available? Or do I prefer to be alone?
- Talk over your options with someone you trust, a friend or a family member. Visit a number of seniors’ residences, talk with people living there, book a meal and while you are considering this it might be a good idea to put your name on the waiting list.
- Is my family having to do more for me these days than I wish?
- Will I lose my independence? Or will my independence be enhanced with a little support?